Source material and experiences concerning Chinese Film or its study here and abroad.

Thursday, August 9, 2012

New Take on Great Leap Fwd....

A student is writing about the Flu Epidemic of 1918 for her Extended Essay.  I got this email from her and thought you all might appreciate it.  If anyone wants, I can get the citation from her:


I was working on my extended essay and decided to read past the 1918 part of one of my books. It talked about how most epidemics and pandemics started in China and researchers are starting to believe that a large number of the deaths from the Great Leap Forward were from the Asian flu (1957) along with the deaths by starvation.

2 comments:

  1. I think I might be interested in this citation...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd love to see some of the evidence. I wonder if this is a move by the Mao Cult to exonerate him so he can move on to deity status. Or perhaps it is to lessen his part in history on his way to just another despot. What an interesting study.

    ReplyDelete